Monday, July 31, 2006

Yard Sale

On Sunday I had a yard sale. I was eager to unload some toddler and baby toys, the high chair my children no longer use, a baby gate, potty seat, various and sundry books, and other items. Our little house has no basement, no attic, and no garage, so space is at a premium.

I spread out my things invitingly on the sidewalk in front of my house and sat in the blazing heat (luckily shaded by my thickly leafed dogwood tree) for 4 hours and had, oh, maybe 6 customers. I made about $20 and failed to unload much of anything other than books and the potty seat (which I had previously deemed the item least likely to sell). Very disappointing. Then I heard from an internet friend that she cleared $350 at her suburban yard sale on Saturday. Unbelievable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home