Thursday, June 14, 2007

Garden Update 6/14/07

We picked the first of the beans a few days ago. We ate them raw--they were delicious.

We have zucchinis! I think the first ones will be ready to pick in a few days.

Onions are looking better. Okra is growing steadily. I think we will be able to start pulling some red beets next week. (The golden ones appear to be slower-growing.)

The basil is thriving, as are the cukes. Tomatoes are going wild all over the place. I'm beginning to think I should have practiced the one-stem method. I think it may be too late to do it now.

The melon has had a growth spurt and is now sporting many little yellow blossoms.

Tonight I am going to serve salads for dinner. The lettuces will come from my friend D's garden. From my garden, I will add basil and 4 sun sugar cherry tomatoes. I will top it all off with leftover roasted chicken and canellini beans and vinaigrette. Bliss.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home